Monday, June 22, 2009

o3. fire burning on the dance floor...

Sometimes I wonder how two people with 50% of the same DNA could be so 99% different. My brother and I are very simalir: we're both stubborn, we both like a a wide range of music, we're both family oriented, we're both persuasive and outgoing...and we're 4 years apart and different genders. My girls, sisters, are 2 years and 2 months apart and there differences sometimes startle me. Not only do they look very different; Riley has light brown curly/wavy hair, green eyes that you have to look really close to even tell what their real color is, and skin that is not really tan looking, but far from pale. Peyton has jet black, straight hair, she has incredible blue eyes that are so big that if they were any bigger they would look like bug eyes (thank goodness they don't, they're perfect :D), and skin so pale she resembles Snow White.

But their apperance isn't the only thing that's different. Riley is very girly. She really has no interest in team sports (although a mild interest in soccer). She loves dance class, dresses, make up (or three year old make up anyway: chapstick and sparkly nail polish), princesses, and has recently declared that her life long dream is to be a cheerleader. Peyton likes to watch football, play basketball on her baby basketball hoop, she likes matchbox cars, and dancing like a gangster (no, I'm not kidding, that child is going be a breakdancer lol).

What's amazing about all of it is how well they get along in spite of their differences. Better then any other siblings I've ever met. It makes me scared to add a third to the mix in a few years. But I can't wait to see what the next personality will add to our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment